Tracking your rides
Record your ride with Bikemap and get data about your route. Find out all about the tracking function in this article.
Start tracking by tapping the "REC" button on the Bikemap home screen.
You can also start the tracking with your Apple Watch. Find out more about using Bikemap with your Apple Watch here. Please note that we currently don't support the use of Bikemap with any other smartwatches.
Tracking with the iOS app
Change the orientation: Tap the compass symbol to change or fix the orientation of your map. The map either moves with your field of view or can be fixed to the north.
Change map style: Here you can choose between different map styles.
Fall detection: With this button you can switch the fall detection on or off. You can find out more about fall detection here: Fall detection (iOS)
Note: The fall detection is an experimental function, i.e. it is still under development. It is therefore possible that not all falls will be detected. Please drive carefully!
Fix orientation: Use this button to mirror your real field of view on the map. Another tap on the button releases the field of view setting and fixes the map again.
Open bike computer: The cycle computer provides you with additional data (e.g. current speed, altitude, etc.) about your ride. You can show or hide it at any time during navigation.
Add POI: Do you see obstacles on the road? Do you want to share the location of public e-bike charging stations or pumps? With this button you can add community reports to the map and thus share points of interest with the entire Bikemap community. You can learn more about community reports here.
Other settings: Swipe the window up to turn off re-routing, turn off voice instructions, share your location, or show your route in an overall view.
Tracking with the Android app
- Search: Use the search button to find places nearby or type in addresses to navigate to.
- Change map Style: Here you can switch between different map styles.
- Fix map: By tapping on the location icon you alter the way the map changes when you move. The map remains fixed, only your current location changes.
- Share location: Tap on your current location icon to share it with others.
- Add POI: Do you see obstacles on the road? Do you want to share the location of public e-bike charging stations or pumps? With this button you can add community reports to the map and thus share points of interest with the entire Bikemap community. You can learn more about community reports here.
- Bike computer: Tap this button to expand the bike computer which provides you with additional stats and information.