You can import GPX and KML files to Bikemap, edit them and add them to your routes - on all of our platforms.
Importing GPX/KML files on the website
When importing routes on the website you get to choose between two options:
You can either smoothen the track and remove its inaccurate GPS spikes or you can keep the original route and import all its GPS trackpoints. Here's how to proceed:
- In the top bar select “New Route” -> “Upload GPX/KML File”
- Drag and drop the file into the appropriate field or click on "Upload File" to search your computer for the file.
- Now choose between one of the two options:
- Smoothen GPS Inaccuracies
- Keep original GPS trackpoints
- Click "Import" to proceed. You can now add a title, description, type of bike, type of surface, some images and set your route to private (only visible to you) if you wish. At this point you can decide if you want to make adjustments to the course of the route or simply save it as it is:
- Press "Save Route" to finish the process without adding adjustments to the course of the route or press "Save & Edit" to get to the route editor. There you can edit the route by moving and/or adding track points. You also get another chance to edit the route's title, description and the other parameters.
- Once you have saved your route, you can find it in your profile's routes.
To import routes from Garmin Connect, follow the instructions in this article.
Importing GPX/KML files on the iOS app
- Go to the location on your iOS device where you saved the file and select it.
- Now tap on the “Share” icon. The window with the options for sharing the file opens.
- Under the options listed you should find the Bikemap symbol (you may have to click on "More"). As soon as you select the Bikemap option, the route opens in Bikemap.
- You now have the option of editing the route accordingly and adding information such as a title, type of bike, terrain or pictures. You can also set the route to private here, so that it is only visible to you and is not shared with other users
- Finally, save the route in your profile by tapping the "Save" button.
Importing GPX/KML files on the Android app
- Open the app and go to the "Profile" tab
- Click into either planned or recorded routes in the "My routes” section.
- Tap on the GPX or KML icon at the top of the screen
- Now find the GPX/KML file on your device, where you saved it and select it.
- Now an editor opens, in which you have the possibility to edit the route information
- Tap the "Save" button after editing.
Please note: Only the GPS data is transferred when uploading a GPX or KML file. POIs are not transferred.