Recording is incorrect or stops unexpectedly
If you see straight lines in your recorded route, this is a sign that the GPS signal was lost during recording or navigating with Bikemap.
This issue often occurs while the app is running in the background and is usually caused by system settings that are designed to optimise battery power or storage space.
Find some tips on how to avoid this problem in the following:
Go to your device settings and make sure that:
- Bikemap can access your location while running in the background.
- The app is excluded from your power saving mode and can always run in the background.
- It is excluded from any storage space optimisations.
Please bear in mind that these settings and their names may differ depending on the device.
- Make sure that you allow Bikemap to refresh in the background.
Go to: Settings > General > Background App Refresh > Bikemap
- If possible, avoid using other apps simultaneously during recording. In the event that you use a different app on your phone during recording, open the Bikemap app again to make sure it's still running.
- Make sure that Low Power Mode is deactivated.
Go to: Settings > Battery > Low Power Mode
Tip for all platforms
To ensure a continuous and stable GPS connection, try to keep your phone out of any pockets or bags. For optimum results, mount it on the handle bar of your bike.
If you are still experiencing problems, submit a request to our support team. We will look into your case and try to find a solution for you.