Beta testing the Bikemap app
In this article you can find information on how to join the beta tester program of our Android app.
Additionally there are detailed instructions on how to report a bug or give feedback.
Advantages of being a beta tester
Beta testing the Bikemap app for Android will allow you to be the first to get your hands on our newest features and updated functionalities.
You will help us improve our product by finding bugs and providing feedback about where we need to improve and what features we are missing.
Your reports will be directly forwarded to our Quality Assurance and Development teams.
Sign up as a beta tester
To join our program follow these steps:
- Open the testing program opt-in link.
- Log in with your Google account if needed. (Make sure to use the same account that you are using on the Play Store)
- Select "Become a Tester".
- Follow the instructions displayed to use the beta version.
If you want to leave the program, you can use the same link anytime you want.
Once you have switched to the beta version of our app you can start reporting bugs and giving feedback. This is done by a reporting tool. To invoke this tool you can:
- Take a screenshot of your current phone screen
- Go to Profile → Settings (gear wheel icon) and tap on "Report a bug or feedback".
To create your report follow these steps:
- Insert the description of the bug or feedback into the first text field.
- Choose a feedback type (Bug report, Improvement suggestions or Question).
- Enter your email address.
- Add or upload images or videos:
- Select "Add attachment"
- Grab a screenshot, record a video or upload images or videos from an external location.
- Tap "Submit" to send out your report.
Using the screen recording feature
To attach a screen recording you can use the reporting tool's screen recording feature.
Here is how to activate this feature:
- Open the reporting tool and select "Add attachment".
- Select "Record video".
- In the notification pop-up tap "Start now" to activate the feature.
- Tap the recording button in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Tap it again to stop the recording and upload the video.