Bikemap’s community reports are points on our map that provide information about obstacles, hazards or interesting places. These reports can be added by every Bikemap user, creating a realtime map and valuable source of information accessible to the entire Bikemap community.
The Community Reports categories
The following categories and sub-categories are provided:
Every point has a particular lifetime, depending on its category. So after a certain period of time the reports added to the map will disappear.
You can find more about Community Reports on this page.
Adding a report to the map
To add a report to the map do the following:
- Open the Bikemap app.
- Tap the blue “+” icon on the right side of the map.
- Choose the appropriate category for your report.
- Add a photo and/or description (a photo might be mandatory for some reports).
- Tap “Add to Bikemap”. Your report will be shown on the map after a short while.
Note that for reports within the Hazard and Obstacle categories it is necessary to determine an exact location.
Deleting a report of yours
You can remove any report that was added by you. Here's how to do so:
- Open the Bikemap app. (You might also need to log in to your Bikemap account.)
- Search for your report on the map.
- Tap your report's icon.
- Select "Delete" and confirm. Your report will no longer be visible to anyone.