Offline maps & navigation
Making routes available for offline use
With a Bikemap Premium membership you have the possibility to make routes available offline, so that you can navigate them without internet connection. This not only saves data usage and roaming fees, but also saves battery consumption. It is irrelevant whether the route was created by yourself or by another Bikemap user.
Here is how to make routes available for offline use:
- Choose a route in the app
- In the detailed view of the route, activate the "offline" switch.
- Wait a moment until the route data and the appropriate map area is loaded onto your device.
- After the download, you can disconnect from the internet or switch to flight mode to navigate your downloaded route offline.
Note: Please ensure that you have a good internet connection and enough free space on your device. Please also note that it is only possible to download routes with a total length of up to 300km and a file size of up to 200 MB. You can always simply split a long route into smaller sections and download them one by one. With the function "Use this route as a template" you can split the route in a few clicks.
Deleting offline routes
By deactivating the offline switch in the route details, you cancel the offline availability and delete the locally stored data of this route.
Tip: In the folder "My routes" -> "Offline" you will find all routes available offline at a glance.
Making maps available for offline use
In addition to individual routes, you can also download entire map sections and use them without an active internet connection. The downloaded map sections are saved in your profile and can be viewed, edited and deleted at any time under the menu item "Premium" -> "Manage offline maps".
Here is how to make maps available for offline use:
- Under the menu item "Map" you can start the download of the currently displayed map section simply by tapping on the corresponding button.
Alternatively you can also proceed in this way:
- As a premium member you open the tab "Premium" and there you can "Manage offline maps".
- Tap on the "+" symbol in the upper right corner.
- Move the map and select the desired map section. You can zoom in and out to adjust the download size.
- Tap on the "Download" button to start the download.
Note: Please note that the download of a map section is only possible up to a certain size. The "Download map" button disappears as soon as the map section and thus the maximum download size is exceeded. As a premium member you can download as many offline maps as you want
As soon as the download of the map section is complete, you can deactivate the mobile data connection and use the offline navigation. Tap and hold down your finger for a second on any offline map section and Bikemap will navigate you safely to your destination - voice navigation included.
Note: Unfortunately, address entry on offline maps is not yet available.
Warning: Please note that all offline routes and offline maps will be lost when logging out of the app.
The offline function is available to all Bikemap Premium members. You can read about all the advantages of Bikemap Premium here.
Please feel free to contact our support-team at email@example.com if you have any further questions or feedback!