You can import GPX or KML files to Bikemap, edit them and add them to your routes - on any platform.
Importing GPX/KML files on the website
- In the top bar select “New Route” -> “Upload GPX/KML File”
- Drag and drop the file into the appropriate field or click on "Upload and import file" to search your computer for the file.
- Press the "Upload file and import" button to start the upload.
- The uploaded route is opened in the route editor. Now you can make adjustments by moving the track points, adding a title, a description, a type of bike, points of interest (POIs) and/or images to the route. You can also set your route to private.
- Finally, save the route in your profile with the "Save route" button
Importing GPX/KML files on the iOS app
- Go to the location on your iOS device where you saved the GPX file and tap the file.
- Now tap on the “Share” icon. The window with the options for sharing the file opens.
- Under the options listed you should find the Bikemap symbol (you may have to click on "More"). As soon as you select the Bikemap option, the route opens in Bikemap.
- You now have the option of editing the route accordingly and adding information such as title, type of bike, terrain or pictures. You can also set the route to private here, so that it is only visible to you and is not shared with other users
- Finally, save the route in your profile by tapping the "Save" button.
Importing GPX/KML files on the Android app
- Open the app and go to "My routes”.
- Tap on the GPX or KML icon at the top of the screen
- Now find the GPX/KML file on your device, where you saved it and select it.
- Now an editor opens, in which you have the possibility to edit the route information
- Tap the "Save" button after editing.
Please note: Only the GPS data is transferred when uploading a GPX or KML file. POIs are not transferred.