Using Bikemap with other navigation devices
You can upload and download routes to and from Bikemap as GPX and KML files. If your device uses other file formats, you can convert them to GPX or KML files and then upload your routes to Bikemap. Uploading and downloading routes for combined use with other navigation devices is only possible on bikemap.net and not on our app.
Transferring routes from my navigation device to Bikemap
- Transfer the route files from your GPS device to your computer. (If you need help here, please refer to the manual of your GPS device).
- On bikemap.net click on the button "New route" -> "Upload GPX/KML file" in the top bar.
- Either drag and drop the file into the appropriate field or click on "Upload File" to browse your computer for the file.
- Follow the instructions given in this article to finalize the import.
Transferring routes from Bikemap to my navigation device via USB
- Go to the detail view of a route and press the "GPX" or "KML" button to start the download. (The downloaded file is then usually located in the Downloads folder of your computer).
- Use the included USB cable to connect the navigation device to your computer (some devices need to be turned on or switched to mass storage mode for recognition).
- The device appears as a separate drive in your Explorer (Windows) or Finder (Mac).
- Select the previously downloaded file and copy it to the appropriate folder on your device.
- After a successful transfer, the route is now available for use on the navigation device.
Synching routes from Garmin Connect to Bikemap
You can authorize Garmin Connect to automatically sync your cycling activities with your Bikemap profile. Here's how to set it up:
- Go to your profile settings on our website and click on "Garmin Connect" on the left.
- Click on "Connect" to start the process.
- In the next window click on "Confirm" to get directed to Garmin Connect.
- Log in with your Garmin Connect account and confirm that you want to share your "Activities".
- Press "Save" and "Agree" to finalize the process.
All activities uploaded will now be synced to a "Garmin" route collection in your Bikemap account.